Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 24, 2011

MET Fashion Photo Show Presents Cindy Sanabria


Good afternoon everyone and welcome to another edition of the MET Fashion Photo Show blog. As I mentioned in the last blog, today's interview will focus on Videographer/Cinematographer Cindy Sanabria.

ME: Good afternoon Cindy
CINDY: Good afternoon

ME: First I want to welcome you, and thank you for participating in this edition of the MET Fashion Photo Show blog. You are a film maker. Can you tell the audience what you do as a film maker?
CINDY: I do everything. I wear multiple hats. I have a big emphasis on writing, directing, cinematography and special effects makeup.

ME: And how long have you been doing films now?
CINDY: I have been doing films for about three years now.

ME: Please tell the audience about some of your work.
CINDY: I made a public service announcement (PSN) entitled "I Got Flowers Today". This PSN is about domestic violence. The video won a national award. I primarily make horror and drama films, but I dabble in other genres as well. My crew and I recently put together a variety show. There will be screenings and new performances every four months. We produce about 40 films a year. I wrote my first feature film that was nominated by HBO for a pitch contest. It was selected as one of 25 finalists. I didn't win but it was a great experience just being nominated.
ME: Are you currently working on anything right now?
CINDY: I am currently working on my first feature film that I am shooting. We hope to have some "A" list actors. (Because of confidentiality issues, Cindy cannot discuss the names of the actors yet) I'm also working on completing my thesis film which is set for release in October. It is another horror film project. I am also working on a comedy project with Writerscene.

ME: You mentioned Writerscene, please tell the audience what Writerscene is and what it is that they do?
CINDY: Well, I work with a lot of actors, actresses, and other film makers. We came up with an idea to pool our resources together because it takes a lot of finances to produce a film project. Lots of the artists have little or no money themselves. It makes it easier to get projects done if we are working on projects together.. Our slogan is "Our imagination, your entertainment". We are always thinking about new projects to work on. We have over one thousand viewers and supporters right now. We are about to get our first office and studio.

ME: If anyone wants to learn more about Writerscene where can they go for more information?
CINDY: For more information, you can go to www.writerscene.com. We have short films, biographies and photographs. You can also follow us on Twitter. In addition, we also have a YouTube channel. You can also follow us on Facebook.
ME: What advice can you give to someone who wants to learn about film making and producing movies?
CINDY: Follow your dreams. Everything starts with action. Don't let anyone impede your thoughts. There will be people and obstacles that will try to derail you from your projects. You have to stay strong. Research the film industry as much as you can. Watch films everyday or as much as possible. Gain as much knowledge as you can.

ME:Thank you Cindy. This is a blog about real New Yorker's wearing real New York fashions. Can you tell us where you purchased your outfit from?
CINDY: I purchased my outfit from a store in Manhattan. This outfit is part of the "Armani Collection".

ME: Where do you get your hair done?
CINDY: I get my hair done at "Pimps and Pinups Beauty Salon" located at 101 Stanton Street. My hair stylist's name is "Flame"

ME:How would you describe your fashion style?
CINDY: My fashion style depends on my mood. I like to dress according to the occasion as well.

ME: Can you tell the audience three must have items right now?
CINDY:
1) A camera
2) Money in my pocket
3) A note pad

ME: What three words would best describe you and why?
CINDY:
1) Motivated- Because I can't stop until I reach the top
2) Excited- I'm very excited about new things and what the future holds for me
3) Personable- I am a very outgoing person who gets along with everybody

ME: Cindy, I want to take the time to thank you for taking the time to participate in this edition of the MET Fashion Photo Show blog.
CINDY: You're very welcome.

ME: Well this concludes another edition of the MET Fashion Photo Show blog. I would like to once again thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedules to read my blog. Next time, in recognition of Mother's Day, I would like to introduce you to Ms. Joen Olivia. Joen is a mother of two, two year old, fraternal twins. She has one boy and one girl. She will discuss some of the trials and triumphs of raising two children simultaneously, working part time, trying to go to school and trying to advance her career all at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment