Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

MET Fashion Photo Show Presents Olatunde "Ola" Roberts

Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen and welcome back to another edition of the MET Fashion Photo Show blog. In the last edition of the blog I focused on a wonderful young lady by the name of Tatiana Walker. Since my last blog Tatiana has graduated from her undergraduate college program and is now getting ready for the fall semester where she will begin her Graduate studies. Tatiana was recently accepted into New York University and will continue her career in helping others. We wish Tatiana continued success.



Today I would like to introduce you to a wonderful, high spirited, high energy person whose hobbies include helping others, taking photos and enjoying life to the fullest. It is my pleasure to introduce you to Olatunde “Ola” Roberts.


ME: Thank you for taking the time out of your very busy schedule to participate in this edition of the Fashion Photo Show Blog, can you please tell the audience about yourself?
OLA: Thank you for having me. Well, I work as a monogrammer and of course I model part time. I also love to take photographs, watch movies and listen to music.  




ME: Besides working in fashion what else do you like to do in your spare time?
OLA: In my spare time I enjoy being with my family and friends. When the weather is nice I like to read and work on my photography.






ME: You love taking pictures and you have become very good at it, what types of photographs do you like taking the most?
OLA: I love them all but the photos that are done on location are the best. This way you can play with your surroundings.



 
ME: You are an active participant in the MET Photography Model Club, Swimm City and now Wall Models, what has participating in each of these projects done for you and how have they changed your life?
OLA: Wow, well first off it helped boost my self-confidence; I see myself as a different person now. Each picture turns me into art.




ME: You live in the Bronx and over the last few years the Bronx has really undergone some extensive development projects. Given the opportunity, is there any place in particular where you would you like to do a photo shoot?
OLA: Definitely the Botanical Garden, The Hall of Fame for Great Americans and the Gould memorial library which is located at Bronx Community College. You have to see it, its breathtaking!









ME: You are very busy, but you continue to participate in several photo shoots. You have now several hundred photographs, what are some of your plans in the future in regards to your modeling hobby/career?
OLA: I'm looking into doing more modeling and maybe even looking into acting.






ME: Ola, this is a blog focusing on real New Yorkers wearing real new York fashion. You recently did a fashion shoot in Central Park for Swimm City, what were you wearing in this photo shoot?
OLA: Julion St. Croix Couture






OLA: The great Sharon Black of Destination Style in the Bronx. She is the absolute best; not everyone can do natural hair.





ME: When you are not wearing swimsuits what type of clothing do you like to wear?
OLA: Aaaahhhhhh!!!! I'm a t-shirt and jeans kind of girl. I love to be cute but comfortable.




ME: After your Swimm City photo shoot in Central Park, you drove uptown to 125th Street where you performed a second photo shoot for the model club. Can you describe for the audience what you were wearing and what it was like to perform “Superman”?
OLA: I was wearing a Polo custom blazer and a pair of stretch pants by RLX.






ME: What other accessories would you like to add, or have added to this outfit?
OLA Probably a pair of heels. I can’t imagine jumping off the bench with heels. But, I do love my flats.







ME: How would you describe your fashion style?
OLA: I don’t have a specific style. Everyday it’s something different depending on my mood or event.









ME: What are three must have items for the summer season?
OLA: A tote bag, flip flops and a hat.






ME: Thanks for your insight today. If the readers want to know a little bit more about “Ola” the model and what it's like to be a model, what are three words that you would use to describe this experience?
OLA: Just 3? Ok, fun, exciting and fulfilling.





ME: On a final note, what would you like to say to the audience?
OLA: Keep watching, this won't be the last you hear of me.





ME: Ola, I want to take this opportunity to thank you for all of your time and to wish you well in your future endeavors.
OLA: Thank you again for having me. This was a lot of fun.

1 comment:

  1. Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen. It is good to be back. Let me introduce you to a wonderful young lady who is kind, caring and very outgoing. She has a great spirit and it is reflected in her photographs. Without further delay, I am proud to introduce to you, Olatunde "Ola" Roberts

    ReplyDelete